|Information||Johnny and the Hackmods|
Hackmods are humans with cybernetic implants who were enslaved and modded in a black market workshop known as The Factory and sold to the highest bidder. Some Hackmods have managed to escape their owners and eke out a life of their own in Rat City, a neutral zone situated at the far end of the J Star Cluster, where Hackmods have one another’s backs and ‘Basics’ (unmodded humans), dare not tread. Basics can undergo "tagging", a minor modification which is a symbolic gesture, granting "honorary Hackmod" status .
Types of Hackmods
The Factory creates different classes of hackmods.
- Spec – have special order modifications and unique hackmods.
- Jumpers – have cybernetic legs and perform courier and smuggling work.
- Grips – have cybernetic arms and act as enforcers and bodyguards.
- Owls – have enhanced vision and hearing and perform surveillance duties.
- Skinners - use a new kind of illegal skin morphing tech that can make them look like anyone they want.